[MINC-users] minc to dicom converter

Andrew Janke a.janke at gmail.com
Mon Feb 27 21:05:54 EST 2006

Teodor,

There is none that i know of.  (or would want to write for that
matter).  The reason mainly is due to DICOM's poor support for
anything beyond 2D.

There are a number of options though:

1) Convert to NifTi-1 mnc2nii   At which stage there are some
converters out there.

2) Convert to Raw and then use imagemagicks convert on each of the
individual slices.

3) Use something like the Debabler

Note that none of the above are officially supported to condoned.. :)
In short the conversion you are requesting is fraught with both
problems and danger meaning that there can be no general converter.

On 2/28/06, Teodor Stanescu <teodorst at cancerboard.ab.ca> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Could anyone suggest me a minc to dicom converter? Thanks.
>
> Teo
>
> PhD Candidate
> Medical Physics
> Cross Cancer Institute
> 11560 University Avenue
> Edmnton, AB, T6G 1Z2
> Phone: (780) 432-8622
> Fax: (780) 432-8615
>

> This e-mail and any attachments may contain confidential and
> privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient,
> please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail, delete this
> e-mail and destroy any copies. Any dissemination or use of this
> information by a person other than the intended recipient is
> unauthorized and may be illegal.

Andrew Janke      (a.janke at gmail.com || www.cmr.uq.edu.au/~rotor)
Canada->Montreal                                   Cell: +1 (514) 924 2012