[MINC-users] Compiling Display with netpbm

Simon Fristed Eskildsen se at hst.aau.dk
Wed Aug 30 04:56:02 EDT 2006

I just compiled almost all the BIC software from scratch on my laptop.
This time upgraded to minc2.
I ran into a bit of trouble compiling the software that need to do some
image i/o (Display, conglomerate, ray_trace). I compiled bicpl with the
--with-image-netpbm configure option, so image i/o should work. However,
the linker complained about undefined references to several
ppm-functions. The gcc command simply missed -lnetpbm. So to let the
configure script add the library to the compile commands, I added an
AC_CHECK_LIB macro to check for netpbm in configure.in. This solved the
problem for all three packages, and everything went smooth.
Did I miss something? I can't remember having to do this when I compiled
with minc1.4 (and older).

Regards
Simon