[MINC-users] resource for source_mask option in minctracc?

Andrew Janke a.janke at gmail.com
Fri Sep 2 13:27:44 EDT 2005

Jonathan,

This option allows you to specify a minc file as a mask to use during
the fitting. ie:

   minctracc ....  -source_mask mask.mnc .....

It has the effect that the similarity function is only evaluated
within the mask as applied to the input source volume.

This means:

   * Fitting is often faster  (less voxels to compute obj function over)
   * Fitting is more precise for the area within the mask as features
       from structures outside the mask are ignored.

On 31/08/05, Jonathan LAU <lau at bic.mni.mcgill.ca> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am interested in learning how the -source_mask flag works in minctracc.  It definitely improves the registration I am getting between a source (with a mask) and my target data, but I'm just curious to know about the underlying algorithm.  A source for this would be great.
>
> Thanks,
> Jonathan

Andrew Janke      (a.janke at gmail.com || www.cmr.uq.edu.au/~rotor)
Canada->Montreal                                   Cell: +1 (514) 924 2012