[MINC-users] exact midsagittal slice

Andrew Janke a.janke at gmail.com
Mon Oct 31 07:37:09 EST 2005

Hi Ria,

I suspect you have manually identified three points in both
hemispheres?  If so you will have to do some sort of SVD fit of the
points.

I wrote a quick script a while ago that does this without the points.
(flips the volume, registers it to itself then applys half the
reslting transform).  It seems to do a pretty good job most of the
time.  Remember though that no brain is truly symmetric so your
mileage will vary.  I have attached it.

Andrew

On 31/10/05, rtho03 at miba.auc.dk <rtho03 at miba.auc.dk> wrote:
> Does anyone have an idea how to rotate a mincvolume in order to make an exact
> midsagittal slice based on three landmarks selected from the volume, when the
> three landmarks are not in the same slice?
> We have tried several approaches but always seem to come up with the problem
> that the new slice is not exactly midsagittal.
>
> Best regards
> Ria Hoegh, student

Andrew Janke      (a.janke at gmail.com || www.cmr.uq.edu.au/~rotor)
Canada->Montreal                                   Cell: +1 (514) 924 2012