[MINC-users] dicom/minc/analyze conversions

Andrew Janke a.janke at gmail.com
Wed Oct 26 12:43:39 EDT 2005

here is how I would attack it...

  1: remove direction cosines from MINC anatomical files
        (ANALYZE doesn't store them)
      --or--
      add direction cosines from anatomical files to labels

  2: reorder MINC files to have standard dimension ordering

  3: Be sure to use nii2mnc over ana2mnc

On 26/10/05, Alex ZIJDENBOS <alex at bic.mni.mcgill.ca> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have a bit of a conundrum: I received a set of MRI data in DICOM
> format, with accompanying hand-drawn labels in ANALYZE format. When I
> convert both to MINC, of course the labels don't match the source
> images, as the world coordinate space has gotten probably lost
> somewhere along the way at the site that provided me with the data.
>
> I have requested that they send me the MRI data also in ANALYZE
> format, and I am crossing my fingers that when I convert both sets of
> data to MINC, things will line up. Although I suspect that will work
> in practice, I was wondering if anybody has other suggestions on how
> to deal with this?
>
> Thanks,
>
> -- A

Andrew Janke      (a.janke at gmail.com || www.cmr.uq.edu.au/~rotor)
Canada->Montreal                                   Cell: +1 (514) 924 2012