[MINC-users] Setting the intensity range in header

Andrew Janke a.janke at gmail.com
Wed Oct 26 09:05:45 EDT 2005

Hi Simon,

One of the best ways I have found to fix "strange" range problems with
a MINC file is to pass it through something like mincmath.  This in
effect makes a new volume in which the range has been scanned and set.
 ie:

   mincmath -mult -const 1 in.mnc out.mnc

Either that or if you have range problems from outliers use the script
mincnorm that I have posted in the past.  Sent me an email if you'd
like it.

On 25/10/05, Simon Fristed Eskildsen <se at hst.aau.dk> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a minor problem with the intensity range in some minc volumes. Fx
> in a volume the intensities range from 1 to 223, however in the header
> the range is given as:
> image:valid_range = 255., 404125398. ;
> image-max = 404125398, ...repeated #slices times... ;
> image-min = 255, ...repeated #slices times... ;
> This means that I cannot view the volumes in Display or register.
> Adjusting the "valid_range", "image-max" and "image-min" variables with
> mincedit solves the problem.  However, this is tedious work (the range
> is different for each volume). Is there a way to automagically set the
> correct intensity range in the header?
>
> Simon
>
> --
> Simon Fristed Eskildsen, M.Sc.EE., Ph.D. Student
> Denmark->Aalborg->HST->MI (se at hst.aau.dk || +45 9635 9823)

Andrew Janke      (a.janke at gmail.com || www.cmr.uq.edu.au/~rotor)
Canada->Montreal                                   Cell: +1 (514) 924 2012