[MINC-users] mnc2nii and mnc2ana

Søren Christensen U951678 at STUDMED.AU.DK
Tue Oct 18 22:01:17 EDT 2005

Hi Bert,
 Cheers, with this kind of help i will never use a commercial program again..
It works perfectly.

Thanks!

Soren

-----Original Message-----
From: minc-users-bounces at bic.mni.mcgill.ca on behalf of Robert VINCENT
Sent: Wed 19-10-2005 11:17
To: MINC users mailing list
Subject: Re: [MINC-users] mnc2nii and mnc2ana

Hi Soren,

I think I understand what is happening with mnc2nii...

First off, we generally have to map the MINC information into a form NIfTI
and Analyze can handle. This means that we have to set step sizes to a
positive value and rearrange the data appropriately. There's no real way
around this.

You have found a bug, however. There is a field named "spacetype" which is
supposed to be set in the MINC header, and this guides the conversion to
.NII format.  This field is normally set to the value "native____". The
problem is that when I wrote the code I do not handle the situation where
the field is not set at all, and so we discard the MINC header spatial
information. This is why the transform in the header is wrong

I'll put a fix for this into the next version.  In the meantime, I would
recommend that you try setting the field in the header of the file you'd
like to convert and see if that helps:

minc_modify_header -sinsert zspace:spacetype="native____" sel.mnc

Try the conversion again after making this adjustment.

Sorry for the complication,

	-bert

MINC-users at bic.mni.mcgill.ca