[MINC-users] mincstats -mask

Alex ZIJDENBOS minc-users@bic.mni.mcgill.ca
Wed Jul 20 17:05:03 2005

A kind soul just alerted me to something possibly confusing with
mincstats, being that it will (silently) ignore a -mask argument if
not given at least one of -mask_{floor,ceil,range,binvalue}.

In other words, the call

   mincstats -mask <mask.mnc> -floor <your_favorite_treshold> <in.mnc>

does nothing with <mask.mnc>. Although this is stated in the man page,
I suspect it is counterintuitive to many people; it seems to me
mincstats should either do something sensible with the mask (i.e.,
default to '-mask_binvalue 1'), or barf when given a mask argument
which is not used.

I have a vague recollection of this being discussed before, but has it
been fixed in recent releases of minc?

-- A