[MINC-users] minc-2.0.08 available

Robert VINCENT bert@bic.mni.mcgill.ca
Fri Jan 28 15:48:09 2005

Hello MINC fans,

We have released an update to the MINC 2.0 system. Source code is
available for download at:

http://www.bic.mni.mcgill.ca/~bert/minc-2.0.08.tar.gz

Leila Baghdadi has created binary installer for Windows, which is
available for download here:

http://www.bic.mni.mcgill.ca/~bert/MINC20_INSTALLER_JAN25.exe

The latest documentation for MINC is available at:

http://www.bic.mni.mcgill.ca/software/minc/

Major features of this release include:

* We have taken the step of including some format conversion utilities
with the core MINC distribution.  This release includes tools for NIfTI-1,
ECAT, and Concorde microPET format. These conversion utilities should be
considered preliminary and we welcome your comments and bug reports!

* The MINC "simplified" programming interface code has been updated and
corrected.

* The "mincstats" program now includes new methods for calculating a
bimodal threshold for an image.  The default method remains the same, but
the algorithm has been fixed to avoid problems.

* Many, many bug fixes have been made to the MINC 2.0 libraries.

* MINC 2.0 should now build with C99-compliant compilers.

Thanks especially to Leila Baghdadi, Andrew Janke, and Anthonin Reilhac
for their contributions to this release.

	-bert