[MINC-users] mni register manual or instructions?

Joongnam Yang yangjo@upstate.edu
Tue Feb 15 18:56:04 2005

Hi Sylvain

Someone already sent me email about how to do it.
Thanks, anyway.

Why, though, is there NOT a simple a-few-line insturction available on how
to use it?
Something developers have to take care of....?

Nam.

>>> Sylvain MILOT <sylvain@bic.mni.mcgill.ca> 02/15/05 6:44 PM >>>

Hello,

none that I'm aware of, aside from the man page and it's not very
explicit on this feature. I would suggest reading this first if
you haven't already done so.

The recipe is somewhat simple in terms of the actions to take. The
difficulty resides
in identifying homologous points in each volume - this comes with practice!
Knowing
something about anatomy as seen thru MRI and/or PET is helpful but
ultimately, its all
about pattern recognition.

I suggest saving a tag file though as opposed to just a xfm file - do both
if you like
and/or use tagtoxfm to convert the tag file. You must also select the
appropriate
Transform type.

Use the right button on your mouse or the "Record Tag" button to select
homologous tag
point pairs and you will see them appear on the bottom window pane. The
"Record Tag" button is
also useful for overwriting a tag point pair. Use the navigation elements on
the
bottom of the viewport for the merged volumes or the up/down arrows on your
keyboard
to navigate thru the point-pairs to either overwrite a point pair with the
"Record Tag" button
or delete one with the "Delete Tag" button.

Hope this helps a little,

Sylvain

On Mon, 14 Feb 2005, Joongnam Yang wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Is there a manual or instructions on how to use mni register to create an
> xfm file manually?
>
> Nam.

---
Sylvain Milot (sylvain@bic.mni.mcgill.ca)