[MINC-users] ray_trace question

Jonathan LAU minc-users@bic.mni.mcgill.ca
Thu Aug 11 10:05:05 2005

Hi,

There is an undocumented -transform feature to ray_trace that I would like to use to produce images from an .obj I have.

It's supposed to be able to take as a parameter either a .xfm file or a set of angles specifying the x, y, z rotation.

I haven't been able to get the views to change, other than by using the standard canonical views...

For Ex.11 of the ray_trace tutorial (http://www.bic.mni.mcgill.ca/~david/Ray_trace/ray_trace_tutorial.html#Ex11), it is stated that specifying a view orientation numerically is described later (but is never done).

This is how I've been trying to use it:
ray_trace -output my.rgb my.obj -size 200 200 -transform xrot 45.0
or
ray_trace -output my.rgb my.obj -size 200 200 -transform t.xfm

I've even tried specifying -centre (for specifying the centre of rotation), but that hasn't worked either.

Has anyone had experience with this?

Thanks,
Jonathan