[MINC-users] Error running AAL software

Nameeta Lobo minc-users@bic.mni.mcgill.ca
Mon Apr 11 11:46:04 2005

Hello all,

I had sent this e-mail sometime ago. I am interested in using the AAL software.
I use AFNI for my data analysis though. From what I have read AAL is compatible
with SPM alone and so downloaded SPM2 and then followed the instructions on the
AAL software README file to download AAL http://www.cyceron.fr/freeware/.
Whenever I open Matlab, type in aal and then hit any of the labeling procedure
buttons, I get the following error

??? Undefined function or variable 'spm'.

Error in ==> /home/people/nlobo/SPM2/spm2/toolbox/aal/spm_getSPM.m
On line 145  ==> SPMid  = spm('SFnBanner',mfilename,SCCSid);

Error in ==> /home/people/nlobo/SPM2/spm2/toolbox/aal/gin_dlabels.m
On line 16  ==> [SPM,xSPM] = spm_getSPM;

??? Error while evaluating uicontrol Callback.

I dont seem to know what the error is.

Also, is it possible to use these ROIs with AFNI directly by just resampling
them or something. These ROIs are in the ANALYZE format and so conversion to
other formats could be quite simple unless I am totally wrong about this.  I
have carried out all my analysis in AFNI and dont have any
knowledge of SPM.

Any help will be really appreciated. Thanks a lot for your time .
Nameeta