[MINC-users] mritotal results depend on the filetype?

Daniel Schwarz schwarzd@feec.vutbr.cz
Fri Oct 22 08:58:04 2004

Dear minc users,

I am getting different results from mritotal when trying to register the
same image. The results differs when I change data type from signed
short to unsigned byte.
I tried it with XCORR and MI too. In the both cases I am getting 2
different transformations for byte and int inputs (2 different results
for the same objective function and the same input image, only the
depths are different.). Isn't it a bug?
In the case of INT data, mritotal is displaying info "source volume not
UNSIGNED_BYTE, will do conversion now"....so why there are different
results if I do the conversion before the registration process starts?

I use mni_autoreg-0.98r (I got different results with 0.98d too).
My images are short int with range 0..4095.
I use default model average_305.mnc and I haven't changed anything in
the mritotal.

Thanks for answers.

Daniel Schwarz