[MINC-users] PET analysis on MINC files

Christopher Bailey cjb@pet.auh.dk
Fri Nov 26 05:32:04 2004

Dear list,

and PET-users in particular. I would be grateful for advice, comments,
pointers, anything, on how best to analyse CBF "activation" studies
(15-O-water).

People here in Aarhus (DK) have been using dot since the mid 90's. I
joined this year, after some experience in amongst others the FMRI
world. It seems to me that dot has fallen a little out of date. We are
running version 1.8.0, which according to the manual is from 1998. I
take it dot is no longer supported?

Though a t-test will always be a t-test, whatever the year, I would like
to see us use the more advanced inference methods available in, for
example, FSL, SPM and even FMRIstat. Is that in fact what is happening;
MINC PET's convert their data into Analyze/NifTi and use e.g. SPM? Or is
the community still sticking to dot?

Personally, I like FSL (the filosophy of which does resemble that of
dot, no?) and would like to use it both for FMRI and PET. However, I
would prefer sticking to a single file format. I noticed Andrew has put
some pressure on the Oxford guys to include MINC in the read/write file
formats of FSL. As noted before on the list, they already have a
skeleton of MINC routines in their IO library. Is it the Master Plan of
the MINC Executive Decision Committee (!?!) to lobby the inclusion of
MINC into, e.g., FSL (soon!), or is there an Alternative Plan to update
dot to the status quo of analysis methods?

Is there a version of dot anywhere that is (easily) compilable/compiled
for linux?

Best regards,
Chris

--