[MINC-users] FSL and MINC

Sridar Narayanan sridar@mrs.mni.mcgill.ca
Tue Nov 16 13:32:04 2004

> On Mon, 15 Nov 2004, Jason Lerch wrote:
>
>>>   Lastly, where is mincbet? It's listed in the wiki. Seems useful.
>>
>> ~rotor/opt/irix_bin/mincbet
>>
>> (Andrew, this might be a hint to move it to a more convenient place ;-))
>
> Well on this one I am of two minds.
>
> Do I:
>
>    a) update my version of the I/O module of FSL so that MINC just "works"
>        in FSL
>
> or
>
>    b) Write a more complte stand alone mincbet by just using the approriate
>        bits of bet.
>
> I _like_ (a), but this could introduce a world of headaches (more
> AFNI-ANALYZE-NIFTI-MINC conversion/orientation problems).
>
> Does anyone else out there wish to cast their vote?  I have a working version
> of
> a) for a previous version of FSL.  I don't see why it would work with the new
> version but haven't checked.

Andrew, if you can devise a general solution that allows all of FSL (bet,
FEAT, SIENA, etc.) to "just work" on MINC files, that would be extremely
useful to a number of people in our lab. I suppose the main question is how
much effort would it be to stay in sync with new versions of FSL? Also,
would you be updating the I/O module of FSL such that the constituent
programs could *write" MINC as well as read?

Sridar