[MINC-users] fMRIstat - Emma configuration problem - take 2

Peter NEELIN neelin@bic.mni.mcgill.ca
Fri May 28 00:01:04 2004

On Thu, 27 May 2004, Roy Yves wrote:

> (even though I'm running XP Pro...would that be a problem?)
> and I got the following error in Matlab:
>
> >> mask_thresh=3Dfmri_mask_thresh(mask_file);
> ??? Attempt to execute SCRIPT miinquire as a function.
> Error in =3D=3D> C:\MATLAB6p1\toolbox\fmristat\fmris_read_minc.m
> On line 5  =3D=3D> d.dim  =3D fliplr(miinquire(file,'imagesize')');

Well, since you aren't getting any answers, I'll give it a shot (I don't
use matlab anymore, and I've never used it on Windows, ... be warned).
Matlab appears to be confused about the what it is using for miinquire. If
you type "which miinquire", you should get a reference to a mex file - on
second look that should be a dll. If it finds the .m file, then it may be
that the .dll is not in the right place. Other possibilities include
permissions on the dll or setting of the Windows PATH variable (though I
doubt that one). Another possibility is that the search order has changed
and your version of matlab prefers the .m over the .dll. In that case,
you can just delete the .m file since it is only there for help.

If the "which" command does report the dll file, then I have no idea what
the problem is.

Note also that this is an older version of emma. I don't know if there is
a more recent version ported to windows though.

Good hunting.

            Peter
----
            Peter Neelin (neelin@bic.mni.mcgill.ca)