[MINC-users] voxel coordinates in native space vs.

jarv0075 jarv0075@umn.edu
Fri May 21 09:29:05 2004

One easy way is to open the transform file, add the 0,0,0,1, invert it,
then use mincresample -like 'native.mnc' with the new transform..

If you do it manually, you have to apply the inverse transform, then apply
a transform to account for non-isotropic voxels, then translate it back to
its original position in the volume via the mincinfo xstart ystart zstart.

On 21 May 2004, Andrew Janke wrote:
> On Tue, 18 May 2004, Jeni Chen wrote:
>
> > I'm just wondering if anyone knew how to convert a set of tal
coordinates
> > back into native space (i.e finding the equivalent). For instance, take
> > the Talairach coordinates 6 -8 44. In register we see the corresponding
> > voxel coordinates as 48 59 58. But if I want to look for the exact same
> > peak in the original raw data, how can I find it? Is there a
> > program or mathematical formula to do it?
>
> Jeni,
>
> All you need do is find the .xfm file that was generated to register your
> file
> to talairach space (assuming you used mritotal to do this).
>
> Have a look at this file, it contains a truncated 4x4 affine
transformation
> matrix (assuming you did a linear fit only), the last row (0 0 0 1) is
not
> stored.
>
> Then just take your point in talairach space, transform this by the
inverse
> of
> the Matrix in the .xfm file and you have your point in native space.
MATLAB