[MINC-users] Installation of Display and Register

Steve ROBBINS stever@bic.mni.mcgill.ca
Wed May 19 22:27:04 2004

On Wed, May 19, 2004 at 02:10:17PM -0400, Ali Soleymani wrote:

> Hi,
> Well, I have installed netcdf, minctools, and bicpl in /usr/local/mni

So "netcdf.h" appears in directory /usr/local/mni/include, right?

> I am trying to install register + display and I run the configure command, which
>
> it fails to find netcdf.h !?
> could you help me out with this ? (or more generally explaination of  failing
> to find an existing file.)

In general, one should look at the file "config.log" for clues as to what
has gone wrong.

> Thanks
> Ali
>
> ./configure --prefix=/usr/local/mni --with-build-path=usr/local/mni:/usr

Two observations: (1) you forgot the leading slash in the first build-path element,
and (2) "/usr" is not necessary in the build path -- the build-path is for locations
NeOT NORMALLY searched by the compler.  You should use