[MINC-users] minctracc writes into the "processing" variable instead of "history" attribute

Andrew Janke rotor@cmr.uq.edu.au
Tue Jun 29 02:01:04 2004

On Fri, 25 Jun 2004, Olivier Colliot wrote:

> Does anyone know why "minctracc", to store some history-like
> information, makes use of a variable named "processing" instead of the
> traditionnal "history" attribute ?

I believe the original logic to this was that the typical minc file output of
minctracc is a non-linear grid.

The processing variable contained the contents of the linear affine xfm that was
part of this (non-linear) transformation.  I guess louis the plan here was that
if the linear and non-linear part of a xfm got split up, then all you needed was
the non-linear part to re-create the whole (admittedly, manually).

> Is this "processing" variable deprecated ?

Well, it never was part of any specification that I can remember. Any
programmer/user is always going to be free to put any variable they like into
the header and even more so in MINC 2.0!