[MINC-users] Convert Philips REC/PAR-Files zu minc-format

Andrew Janke minc-users@bic.mni.mcgill.ca
Thu, 29 Jan 2004 11:19:44 -0500

On Wed, 28 Jan 2004, Roger Luechinger wrote:

> Over the last few year Philips create for offline postprocessing a new
> file format (REC and PAR-Files) which are usd in our lab for all purposes...
> The REC-File contains all images from a scans in a binary format
> (integers) without any header, the PAR-Files contains all the infos for
> the scan and also for each image in an ASCII format.
> Converter for REC/PAR to analyze we wrote by ourself, and now I would like
> to do the same for the minc format. However I could not find infos which
> parameter and image infos have to be stored in a minc-file.
>
> Preferable I'd like to write it with perl. Mainly do to portability and
> prior knowlegde reason. The initial implementation will be under Linux.

A large number of the existing something->MINC converters are written in Perl
already.  However this may be a bit of a misnomer, typically the conversion of
the header and extraction of the header in written in perl. The creation of the
MINC file itself it usually done via a system call to rawtominc with all the
approriate "bits" filled in.

take a look at ana2mnc (analyze to minc) for an example of how to do this:

   http://www.bic.mni.mcgill.ca/~rotor/src/ana2mnc-1.2.tar.gz

the function "write_minc()" will create a minc file from a %gen_hdr hash.  use
the dump_general_header() function to get an idea of the sorts of things that
are required.

If you need more info, you might be better served to send me an email directly
using the address below

--
Andrew Janke   ( rotor@cmr.uq.edu.au || www.cmr.uq.edu.au/~rotor )
Australia->University of Queensland->Centre for Magnetic Resonance