[MINC-users] Volume IO examples?

James Dessart minc-users@bic.mni.mcgill.ca
Mon, 2 Feb 2004 15:27:00 -0500

I'm using the MINC functions to load information from a dataset, but
I'd like to simply use the volume IO interface to load up the volume in
a straightforward manner.  input_volume seems to imply that that would
be a possibility, but how do I copy the values into a buffer of
unsigned shorts afterwards?

In other words, I want a straightforward solution to get a minc file on
disk into a buffer of my choosing, as unsigned shorts.  Are there any
pieces of example code that might show me this?

I know MINC is a very flexible format, but some of that flexibility is
not very useful when you know you're dealing with a volume, and all you
want are the voxel values, in a particular order, in a buffer. :)

Thanks,
James