[MINC-users] Warning re: netCDF 3.5.1

Robert VINCENT bert@bic.mni.mcgill.ca
Tue Aug 10 17:04:04 2004

To all MINC users,

An incompatibility has just been discovered between all current versions
of MINC and netCDF 3.5.1.

Until further notice, please do not use netCDF 3.5.1 with MINC 1.2, MINC
2.0.07, or any earlier MINC versions!

You can check the version of netCDF installed on your system by typing:

ncdump -X

The last line of the output will contain the netCDF version number.  As of
now the IRIX systems at the Brain Imaging Centre should be running netCDF
3.5.0, which is fine.

If for some reason you _must_ use netCDF 3.5.1 with MINC, you should
edit all copies of minc.h to change the line:

#define MI_MAX_IMGDIMS MAX_VAR_DIMS

to read:

#define MI_MAX_IMGDIMS 100

Rebuild the MINC libraries and all MINC tools after making this change.

I will make a new release of MINC 2.0 and 1.0 available on our website,
http://www.bic.mni.mcgill.ca/software/minc, as soon as possible, hopefully
within the week.

Please contact me if you would like any further information.

	-bert