[MINC-users] Problems installing MINC from source...

Andre MATOS minc-users@bic.mni.mcgill.ca
Fri, 24 Oct 2003 12:37:42 -0400 (EDT)

you also can install the source of netCDF and minc and compile both, as I
did in my RedHat 9 at home:

1st) NETCDF

- set environment:

file -> .bash_profile

export CPPFLAGS='-Df2cFortran -DNDEBUG'
export CC=/usr/bin/cc
export CFLAGS=-O
export FC=g77
export FFLAGS=-O
export CXX=/usr/bin/c++

- get and compile netcdf:

wget ftp://ftp.unidata.ucar.edu/pub/netcdf/netcdf-beta.tar.gz
tar -xvzf netcdf-beta.tar.gz
cd netcdf-3.5.1-beta13/src
./configure --disable-shared --prefix=/usr/local/mni
make
make test
mkdir /usr/local/mni
make install

2) MINC

wget ftp://ftp.bic.mni.mcgill.ca/pub/minc/minc-1.1-tar.gz
tar -xvzf minc-1.1.tar.gz
cd minc-1.1
./configure --prefix=/usr/local/mni --with-build-path=/usr/local/mni
make
make install
ranlib /usr/local/mni/lib/libminc.a /usr/local/mni/lib/libvolume_io.a

Andre Matos
amatos@mrs.mni.mcgill.ca