[MINC-users] installing netCDF

Steve ROBBINS minc-users@bic.mni.mcgill.ca
Fri, 21 Nov 2003 18:14:43 -0500

On Fri, Nov 21, 2003 at 12:32:23AM -0500, Maxime Descoteaux wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm excited about installing MINC at home but I first need netCDF.
> I do the ./configure command:
>
> checking C++ compiler "/usr/bin/g++"... configure: warning: /usr/bin/g++
> failed on test program
> configure: warning: Could not find working C++ compiler
> configure: warning: Setting CXX to the empty string
> configure: warning: The C++ interface will not be built
>

> This is not good and I don't understand.  I often use the g++ compiler and
> works fine and all my c++ programs.
>
> Do you have an idea?  Thanks

[ ... ]

On Fri, Nov 21, 2003 at 12:47:08AM -0500, Maxime Descoteaux wrote:
> Hi again.
>

> I have succesfully installed MINC.

That means you successfully built netcdf?  What was the cause of the problem
in your initial message (above)?

> I am now trying to compile my code
> that I'm usually able to compile at BIC.
>
> I get the following error.
>
> usr/local/mni/lib/libvolume_io.a: could not read symbols: Bad value
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

That's a bit weird.  You didn't change the compiler or other part of the OS
after installing libvolume_io.a, did you?  Did the library get damaged while
installing?  Check the file size against the size of ".libs/libvolume_io.a" in
the minc-1.2 source directory (the sizes may not be the same, but should only
differ by a few hundred bytes).

-S