[MINC-users] MINC -> Analyze conversion problem

Andrew Janke minc-users@bic.mni.mcgill.ca
Fri, 30 May 2003 17:16:30 +1000

On Wed, 28 May 2003, christophe grova wrote:

> My name is Christophe Grova and I am a new post doc arrived at the MNI in
> Jean Gotman's team (EEG department). I try tu use 'mnc2ana' to convert a
> MINC file in an analyze file.
> I obtained really strange results in my analyze header ! Especially, my
> dimensions are completely false !
>
> For info, here is a dump of my analyze header followed by a dump of the header
> of the MINC file (using mincheader : this header seems ok ) Using the Display
> software I have no problem to look at this MINC file on my PC under linux ...

Did you by any chance convert the file to analyze on an SGI and then view the
resulting analyse header on a linux box?  If so perhaps you are getting
byte swapping problems.

try running the conversion as such (on the SGI):

   $ mnc2ana -verbose file.mnc out.hdr

This should provide a dump of the analyze header as it is created.
either that or use the C/L tool 'ana_show out.hdr' on the SGI or at least where
you run mnc2ana.

With this output I may be able to assist you a bit more.

--
Andrew Janke   ( rotor@cmr.uq.edu.au || www.cmr.uq.edu.au/~rotor )
Australia->University of Queensland->Centre for Magnetic Resonance