[MINC-users] mincconcat

Peter NEELIN minc-users@bic.mni.mcgill.ca
Tue, 29 Jul 2003 20:45:20 -0400

On Mon, 28 Jul 2003, Joost Janssen wrote:

> it's concatenating along the z-axis. specifying the y-axis
> (-concat_dimension yspace) gives an error message.

mincconcat will concatenate along the slowest-varying axis by default.
Unfortunately, it will not concatenate along "image" dimensions (the
fastest-varying 2, or 3 if it is a vector file). The solution (a bit ugly)
is to reorder the dimensions using either mincresample or mincreshape so
that the order is yzx and then use mincconcat. To get the desired order
back you would need to then do a mincresample again:

   mincresample -nearest -coronal new1.mnc new1_cor.mnc
   mincresample -nearest -coronal new2.mnc new2_cor.mnc
   mincconcat new1_cor.mnc new2_cor.mnc new_cor.mnc
   mincresample -nearest -transverse new_cor.mnc new.mnc

Ugly, but it should work (although I have not tried it, so I've probably
forgotten something).

            Peter
----
            Peter Neelin (neelin@bic.mni.mcgill.ca)