[MINC-users] Problems to compile and install Register and Display

Steve ROBBINS minc-users@bic.mni.mcgill.ca
Sat, 20 Dec 2003 09:14:15 -0500

On Sun, Dec 14, 2003 at 10:29:44AM -0500, Andre MATOS wrote:
> Hi Steve,
>
> I don't know if you remember the problem that we worked arround when I
> tried to compile Display and Register into my Linux Red Hat 9 at home.

Yes, thanks for reminding me.  I have rolled out new releases of
Display and Register with the fix.  They are now available on the
BIC software web page http://www.bic.mni.mcgill.ca/software/distribution/

> At that time, I had a problem with GL/Glut lib and we did some steps to go
> around and avoid installing the library to get compiled the tools.
>
> The question is: Do I need to install the GL/Glut?

Yes, you need both GL and glut.

The problem with Redhat 9 systems is that you now need to explicitly
specify -lXi when linking, as Adam Thomas mentioned here recently.
The new register and display packages now do this, so his workaround
should not be necessary.  (Please let me know if this is incorrect)

Cheers,
-Steve