[MINC-users] minctoraw

Peter NEELIN minc-users@bic.mni.mcgill.ca
Thu, 29 Aug 2002 20:55:01 -0400

On Thu, 29 Aug 2002, Stephen Smith wrote:

> sorry - forgot to add that the MINC images are being created by gyrotominc
> - I guess it is possible that gyrotominc is doing something nasty to the
> global intensity scaling?

Nothing nasty - it does what it is meant to do, pass on the scaling
information provided by the scanner. Granted, few people actually care in
the case of MRI, but some do (or have in the past). Why the Philips likes
huge numbers I do not know, but that is what it does.

To normalize two of these files, you can find the min and max of the two
files' image_minimum and image_maximum variables and use those as argument
to -image_range.

Alternatively, you could pass on the scaling to the analyze file since it
does support scaling. Of course, there is no guarantee that the
application using the files will read and use the appropriate values from
the header.

            Peter
----
            Peter Neelin (neelin@bic.mni.mcgill.ca)