[MINC-users] mystery conversion

Peter NEELIN minc-users@bic.mni.mcgill.ca
Wed, 28 Aug 2002 22:19:52 -0400

On Wed, 21 Aug 2002, Andrew Janke wrote:

> On Tue, 20 Aug 2002, Anders Rodell wrote:
>
> > I have received some dynamic and summed minc images scanned on
> > an ecat 953-B pet scanner. The images have an .img extension and 31
> > slices , and apart from this I dont have additional info about the
> > images. I dont even know the size of the header.
> > Does any of you have a description of this format or even better a
> > converter to MINC.
>
> Have you tried Peter Neelins ECAT to MINC converter?
>    http://www.bic.mni.mcgill.ca/users/neelin/distrib/minc_converters/ecat/

My apologies, Anders, for not responding sooner.

As Andrew suggests, you might get some help from ecattominc. It has code
to support versions of ecat files that predate version 7 (.v) files, but
it has had very little testing. Try running dump_ecat_header and see what
it produces - it attempts to auto-detect the type of ecat file (in a very
primitive way).

Let us know whether you have any success with this.

            Peter
----
            Peter Neelin (neelin@bic.mni.mcgill.ca)