[MINC-users] minctoraw

Stephen Smith minc-users@bic.mni.mcgill.ca
Wed, 28 Aug 2002 15:09:13 +0100 (BST)

hello - I've just found a gotcha in "minctoraw -normalise" (which I use to
convert to analyze). It seems to me that without the -normalise option you
get the "arbitrary" scaling of each slice's intensity, which you clearly
don't want in the final raw image - right? So my conversion program has
always used the -normalise flag. However I have just discovered that there
is still some overall intensity scaling that gets lost this way, because
when I compare two MINC files their subtraction makes sense - but when
comparing two converted analyze files, they are somehow scaled relative to
eachother, so the subtraction is not now sensible.....am I missing
something? I have looked for documentation but there is none for
minctoraw...

	Thanks, Steve.

 Stephen M. Smith
 Head of Image Analysis, FMRIB

 Oxford University Centre for Functional MRI of the Brain
 John Radcliffe Hospital, Headington, Oxford OX3 9DU, UK
 +44 (0) 1865 222726  (fax 222717)

 steve@fmrib.ox.ac.uk  http://www.fmrib.ox.ac.uk/~steve