[MINC-development] organization of the minc web site

Robert D. Vincent robert.d.vincent at mcgill.ca
Wed Feb 10 12:59:34 EST 2016

Hi Vlad,

Thanks for starting the discussion - I think we do need to get this under
control. Here's my take on each of the possibilities you mention:

1. I'd rather remove this, or migrate it to the McGill BIC site, assuming
that the BIC is not planning to maintain the old site.

2. I also don't see much need to maintain the wikibooks. I don't know if we
should remove what is there, but I would prefer not to have to maintain it.

3. I think it makes sense to continue to use Github for developer
documentation and communication. I don't know all of the Github services
well, but it probably makes sense to host other things there since it is
where we do most of our work. We could certainly create pages for some of
the active projects, and provide links to user documentation.

4. I'd like to use NITRC, but mostly as a set of links to other pages for
documentation and downloads. It should just point users to Github, or our
binary distributions, or whatever else is deemed appropriate. The
FreeSurfer entry is a good example I think we might want to follow.

In general, I would be happy to increase our use of the www.mcgill.ca/bic
website as a source for the MINC tools and documentation. I've taken the
McGill web management courses and so I can do the work of migrating some of
the older BIC pages if the "powers that be" are willing to let me.

    -bert