[MINC-development] fix SOVERSION generation

Andrew Janke a.janke at gmail.com
Tue Aug 25 00:51:37 EDT 2015

On this note I don't think we follow convention for the libminc
SOVERSION as per what used to happen with the automake for Major+Minor
version numbers.

   https://github.com/BIC-MNI/libminc/blob/master/README.release

Certainly the instructions are not up to date as I still see things
like "make distcheck"

I take it this is still important for a Debian/Ubuntu build. Vlad +
Bert: I'll be in Montreal on the 7th + 8th of September so am happy to
go through what we used to do for a release to make sure that it
worked for Steve.