[MINC-development] oobicpl release tags

Andrew Janke a.janke at gmail.com
Wed Jun 4 17:48:03 EDT 2014

This was likely Claude. He was also having libppm/libpbm linking
issues and regenerated the configure file using a later version of
libtool IIRC. He also updated the versions of Register and Display as
part of this.

I have attached his email about this below.

----

Remember the problem with libtool not picking up -lppm or -lnetpbm
in the link command for register and Display?

Well, I regenerated the configure file using:

# ltmain.sh (GNU libtool) 2.2.6b
# Written by Gordon Matzigkeit <gord at gnu.ai.mit.edu>, 1996
# Copyright (C) 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007
 2008 Free Software Foundation, Inc.

and the problem has disappeared! My new configure now auto-detects
to link with -lppm or -lnetpbm depending on the way I created libbicpl
(--with-image-ppm or --with-image-netpbm).

Do you know the version of libtool that you used in your release of
Display-1.5.0?

What should we do? Repackage Register and Display to link properly?
It would be nice to have this compilation be automatic.