[MINC-development] Where to add generic new private macro?

Sean McBride sean at rogue-research.com
Fri Jan 17 11:24:09 EST 2014

On Fri, 17 Jan 2014 08:36:20 +1000, Andrew Janke said:

>Best bet is then probably libsrc/minc_private.h

Looking at that file, I think it's a good choice.  The macro I'm talking about adding is quite analogous to this existing bit:

#if defined(_MSC_VER)
/* If we are building on the Microsoft C compiler, we want to
 * explicitly export all public functions from the DLL
 */
#define MNCAPI __declspec(dllexport)
#else
#define MNCAPI
#endif

But then I noticed the volume_io folder seems almost like a separate project, with no "mnc" headers included.

I looked through the volume_io headers and probably the best choice is the existing volume_io/system_dependent.h header.

So here's the macro:
<https://github.com/seanm/libminc/commit/2c7de99cfe607c17439893312e5a56d564745c46>

and then fixes for minor misuse of print_error():
<https://github.com/seanm/libminc/commit/07871f2a87f3645e4c64c3281c7d723515c4f576>

I'd appreciate if someone could review & merge.

Thanks,

Sean McBride, B. Eng                 sean at rogue-research.com