[MINC-development] miset_apparent_record_dimension_flag() seemingly broken, 2nd paramater unused?

Andrew Janke a.janke at gmail.com
Mon Feb 3 16:38:40 EST 2014

On 4 February 2014 02:58, Sean McBride <sean at rogue-research.com> wrote:
> On Mon, 3 Feb 2014 11:55:24 -0500, Vladimir S. FONOV said:
>
>>Looks like it is something that was programmed about 10 years ago:
>>https://github.com/BIC-MNI/libminc/blame/develop/libsrc2/dimension.c#L639
>>
>>And not being used in any of the minc tools that I know about (
>>https://github.com/BIC-MNI/minc-toolkit )
>
> Makes sense... I guess if someone was actually using it, they would have discovered it doesn't work. :)
>
> So would you accept a patch that just removes it entirely?  Or change the API to int*?  Or...?

My feeling is to comment it out. There were a number of things that
were put in minc2 for future development that has never happened. If
there is anything that MINC suffers from it's over-complexity!

Things like all the base MINC tools still use the MINC2 API in MINC1
compatibility mode, they were never ported.