[MINC-development] Current release of MINC? New one needed I think...

Andrew Janke a.janke at gmail.com
Tue Apr 8 20:51:08 EDT 2014

Hi Vladimir,

On 9 April 2014 01:34, Vladimir S. FONOV <vladimir.fonov at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 14-04-08 01:02 AM, Andrew Janke wrote:
>>
>> So, if others are keen to take over the main release of MINC now might
>> be a good time to hand over the reins of this, I have asked Vladimir
>> about this already but didn't get a response. I've been looking after
>> things for a number of years now and it's probably time to move on!
>
> I think somebody should approach Alan Evans with this question.

Well I'm happy to do so but I'm not sure what the question is or the
answer you are seeking. Alan might be on this list in any case, I know
Louis was at one stage but given his email policy we might or might
not get a response!

In any case, MINC is now very much an international effort with people
submitting code and patches from all over. Granted there is still a
concentration of effort from Canada and more specifically Montreal
with yourself, Claude and others. Louis group has also been a strong
contributor but let's not forget the contributions of Jason, Steve,
John, Bert, Leila, Ilana, Simon, Peter and many others who's names
escape me now (sorry). Many of these people are now no longer BIC
specific.

Back on topic, I've been keen for a 2.2 release for some time, if you
can pull all the develop changes across to the main branch I'll update
all the Changelogs/NEWS and other documentation at which point others
can test and we'll release.

We should then put this release on packages.bic.mni.mcgill.ca or
perhaps given the github focus we should mirror all the old releases
from there and put them into github and leave a note there saying as
such. At that point Github would be the primary source of all things
minc including releases. Our current setup is:

   official releases: packages.bic.mni.mcgill.ca in .tar.gz
   source: github.com/BIC-MNI
   minc-toolkit:
www.bic.mni.mcgill.ca/ServicesSoftware/ServicesSoftwareMincToolKit
   Documentation: wikibooks

I can see an argument for killing packages.bic.mni.mcgill.ca others?

ta