[MINC-development] reversedef?

Andrew Janke a.janke at gmail.com
Tue May 28 20:57:03 EDT 2013

> Then on the other hand, the registration scripts that I
> have written are able to do bidirectional registrations (source to
> target, target to source, invert, average) so in effect I'm already
> doing this a lot; I suppose it would make sense to actually generate
> the inverse xfm as the 'primary' for efficiency purposes.

Indeed it would. Also if you are using xfmavg to do this be very sure
that you linear components of the xfm's you are averaging are
identical. There is some info in the -help about this. If you are
using xfm2def for both then things are good.

> So also, to understand things correctly; is reversedef(xfm) basically
> equivalent to xfm2def( xfminvert( xfm ) ) ?

Yes. The results of this will be numerically equal but not identical.
One uses some internal NR code, the other uses volume_io to do the
hard work.