[MINC-development] minc 2.2.00

Andrew Janke a.janke at gmail.com
Mon Sep 24 21:47:52 EDT 2012

> Yay to the revisited libMINC!

Indeed.  See:

   https://github.com/BIC-MNI/libminc

For a sneak-peak.  It's not complete yet. The CMake build should be
good, the autoconf/make one needs work still.

> Not quite sure I understand this bit - surely volume_io will remain as part
> of the MINC distribution, right?

Correct.

> Why would this core functionality have to
> move libraries - or is there some dependency that volume_io has on netCDF
> that can't be altered without tossing the baby out with the bathwater?

We want a MINC2 only build (via a build configuration option) for
linking with ITK. ITK should also be able to read MINC xfms + tags as
per the current MINC-ITK interfaces. volume_io requires netcdf, but
the xfm+tags bits don't. Thus it makes sense to shift the xfm + tag
readers from volume_io into minc2.

And yes if you turn off the minc2 only build option you will still get
everything just as before.