[MINC-development] minc 2.2.00

Andrew Janke a.janke at gmail.com
Mon Sep 24 13:22:36 EDT 2012

Hi all,

find it here:

   http://packages.bic.mni.mcgill.ca/tgz/minc-2.2.00.tar.gz

There are a number of updates in here (addition of mincmorph,
mincsample, etc). There are also a few changes in the libminc2 API
regarding a number of bugs that have cropped up.

I am at the BIC for a few days so Vladimir and myself have taken it
upon ourselves to get MINC integrated into ITK a whole lot better (and
easier) than it currently is. What this means is that we are now
working on breaking MINC up into a library component (libminc) and
minc-tools as per how the debian packages that Steve Robbins builds.
This will make for an easier ITK/MINC integration and hopefully make
things easier for things like python + minc.

One of the major things we will do as part of this is attempt to make
a libMINC that is MINC2 only and removes all the netCDF bits. This
will mean a lot of code in volume_io will need to shift into MINC 2
proper (xfms, tags, etc). Of course this will be done as an option to
the build process.

So, comments?