[MINC-development] New MINC world order.

Andrew Janke a.janke at gmail.com
Wed Mar 21 07:24:02 EDT 2012

Hi all,

Some of you will have noticed a bit of a flurry of activity on github
MINC as of late. Short version is on the prompting of Louis there have
been a few changes to MINC.

First is that given that the MINC github repository seemed to work
well we've made a BIC-MNI account and put MINC and in time all the
existing tools there:

   https://github.com/BIC-MNI

The plan is that over the next few weeks we'll also start to include
more and more in the base MINC package, this means that with many
developers it's now time to shift to a branching model with a master
and a develop branch. Meaning anyone who know commits to the master
branch better have a good reason! :) This link will give a good
introduction to what we are about:

The develop branch is here:

  https://github.com/BIC-MNI/minc/tree/develop

The process by which a new release will be staged into master is still
not nailed down (as to who will do it), I am guessing myself.

So, by all means fork and clone away, ask either Vladimir or Myself if
you are interested in having commit privileges on the main tree or any
of the other packages.

Thanks