[MINC-development] MINC2 API for accessing metadata - broken ?

Vladimir S. FONOV vladimir.fonov at gmail.com
Fri Dec 21 17:57:46 EST 2012

Hello Everybody,

I am trying to add metadata functionality to the new MINC2 ITK
reader/writer ( http://review.source.kitware.com/#/c/9033/ )
Using MINC2 API functions ( milist_start , milist_grp_next ,
milist_attr_next )

First of all, there was a bug in grpattr.c ,function milist_grp_op ,
preventing function milist_grp_next actually returning group name.

My question is following - what is the official way of getting values of
what was a global attributes in MINC1 world (i.e :ident, :minc_version ).

Since in MINC2 world the function miget_attr_values does following:
   if ( strcmp ( name, "history" ) ) {
     strncpy ( fullpath, MI_ROOT_PATH "/" MI_INFO_NAME, sizeof (
fullpath ) );
   } else {
     strncpy ( fullpath, MI_ROOT_PATH "/" , sizeof ( fullpath ) );
   }

so, ident and minc_version is not accessible. But also if somebody will
happen to create an attribute history of some other dataset this whole
procedure will cause MINC2 api to try to read it from
/minc-2.0/<dataset> instead of /minc-2.0/info/<dataset>

--
Best regards,

  Vladimir S. FONOV ~ vladimir.fonov <at> gmail.com