[MINC-development] MINC2 API error handling

Vladimir S. FONOV vladimir.fonov at gmail.com
Tue Dec 11 16:32:58 EST 2012

Hello Everybody,

another issue in MINC2 API - is almost complete lack of error reporting
and sometimes checking. I.e functions are sometimes quietly returning
MI_ERROR , and sometimes there is no check for the error from underlying
HDF5 call.
I've been recently inserting code pieces like:
https://github.com/BIC-MNI/libminc/blob/minc_lite/libsrc2/hyper.c#L606

which is printing some info on stderr. Which is not the most elegant way
for handling errors, especially for some GUI program.

Would anyone have some other suggestions?

--
Best regards,

  Vladimir S. FONOV ~ vladimir.fonov <at> gmail.com