[MINC-development] Bug in classify1.1.0 using bayesian priors (and a CMakeLists.txt)

Andrew Janke a.janke at gmail.com
Sun Mar 20 08:57:16 EDT 2011

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for this.

> I found a bug in 'classify -bayes' when including bayesian priors, the
> classification won't work correctly but without priors it will.
>
> I believe I found the bug in the bayes.cc file. In line 433, I changed :
>
>           fuzzy_bayes_vector[i] *= apriori_vector[
> mean_feature_class_vector[i] ];
>
> for
>           fuzzy_bayes_vector[i] *= apriori_vector[
> mean_feature_class_vector[i] - 1 ];
>
> and now it works. Items in the apriori_vector goes from 0 to (number of
> classes -1) and the mean_feature_class_vector goes from 1 to (number of
> classes).

I'll wait until Alex and/or Louis comments on this before committing
anything to CVS. From a quick read of bayes.cc if this is indeed a bug
then this should modify the behavior of the classier in certain cases
beyond your own issue. (I think).

Still, I'm always keen for others to join in and correct/add code to MINC.

Thanks again,