[MINC-development] Building MINC for OS X 10.6

Burt Crépeault burt.crepeault at crulrg.ulaval.ca
Wed Mar 31 11:52:57 EDT 2010

On Wed, Mar 31, 2010 at 10:32, Burt Crépeault <
burt.crepeault at crulrg.ulaval.ca> wrote:

>> So yes indeed, this looks like a Perl version thing. I'm tempted to
>> manually edit the makefile and change all references to 5.10.0 back to
>> 5.8.8.
>>
>> Would that be a reasonable workaround?
>>

> Further down the rabbit hole, I did just that but got stopped again. Here's
> the full trace:
>
> neon:mni_perllib-0.08:# perl Makefile.PL
> PREFIX=/Users/burt/Desktop/build/install INSTALLDIRS=perl
> Default directory for model data [/usr/local/mni/data]?
> /Users/burt/Desktop/build/install/share/mni-models
> MakeMaker (v6.42)
>   INSTALLDIRS => q[perl]
>   NAME => q[mni_perllib]
>   PMLIBDIRS => [q[MNI]]
>   PREFIX => q[/Users/burt/Desktop/build/install]
>   PREREQ_PM => {  }
>   VERSION_FROM => q[MNI.pm]
>   clean => { FILES=>q[MNI/DataDir.pm t/datadir.t t/toy_ls] }
>   dist => { COMPRESS=>q[gzip], SUFFIX=>q[gz] }
> Using PERL=/usr/bin/perl
>
> Makefile.PL: I don't grok the manifypods section, so can't tweak the
> pod2man args at Makefile.PL line 162.
> couldn't tweak pod2man command
> Writing Makefile for mni_perllib
>
> (changed all 5.10.0 references to 5.8.8 in the Makefile)
>
> neon:mni_perllib-0.08:# make
> make: *** No rule to make target
> `/System/Library/Perl/5.8.8/darwin-thread-multi-2level/Config.pm', needed by
> `Makefile'.  Stop.

Don't you just love it when people ask difficult questions and find the
solution themselves?

It turned out the problem was with the Perl installation being not quite to
par. I installed the latest version of Apple's XCode with all the options
checked and everything built fine.

Thanks.

Burt.