[MINC-development] MINC1/MINC2

Sean McBride sean at rogue-research.com
Fri Jun 5 17:37:44 EDT 2009

On 6/5/09 9:32 AM, Andrew Janke said:

>>> I would definitely use the MINC2 API it can read MINC 1 and 2. You can
>>
>> I think you meant MINC1 API , as MINC2 API is not able to read files
>> in old format.
>
>erk!  Yes (sorry!)

Could someone clarify this?  I am admittedly ignorant about most MINC
things (in my usage, it is merely a dependency of a higher level
library), but I find it odd that the MINC1 API supports MINC2 files.  Or
am I missing a distinction between 'API' and 'library'?  Does the MINC2
library provide two APIs?

I guess what I'm getting at is the following: if one wants to support
both the MINC1 and MINC2 file formats, is the MINC 2.0.18 library/
download sufficient or is the 1.5.1 library also needed?

Thanks,

Sean McBride, B. Eng                 sean at rogue-research.com