[MINC-development] clearing compile warnings

Andrew Janke a.janke at gmail.com
Fri Jan 11 20:09:58 EST 2008

> Since I hear that 2.0.15 is imminent, I thought I'd see if I can
> remove some of the warnings emitted by gcc -Wall in hopes of having it
> build on sparc and arm.
>
> I committed changes to remove unused variables.

Oh?  I didnt see these.  Perhaps I was looking in the wrong places.
Either that or did you mean the rcsid vars?

> There are also a number of unhandled cases in switch
> statements.

Aye, these seem to become more and more prevalent with each new
release of Netcdf/HDF5.

>  Attached is a patch that clears some of them,
> for your consideration.  Is logging an error message
> in MI_TO_DOUBLE / MI_FROM_DOUBLE kosher?

I would think so.  I didnt even know they had come up with a NC_NAT "type".

>  In the minc_convenience patch?

This one I am not so sure of.  Of course this as you well know is only
the tip of the iceberg of warnings... :)

Perhaps a concerted effort one night on my behalf could hunt down all
the others... I would be willing to do this for the MINC library
itself but see little point in persevering for all the older volume_io
and contributed progs stuff.  Perhaps in time.