[MINC-development] MINC 1.4

Robert VINCENT minc-development@bic.mni.mcgill.ca
Wed, 25 May 2005 12:42:57 -0400

Hi everyone,

So I've officially "released" MINC 1.4.  The source code is available for
download here:

http://www.bic.mni.mcgill.ca/software/distribution/packages/minc-1.4.tar.gz

The new features are as follows:

* Converters for DICOM, ECAT, microPET, and NIfTI-1 (Analyze 7.5) format
have been included in the package.  See the man pages for details.

* The code has been tested to build on Windows using Microsoft C/C++. See
the file "Makefile.msvc-win32"

* Optional DICOM (ACR/NEMA) tools and library are now part of the
distribution.

* The "simplified" MINC programming interface is now available.  See
minc_simple.h for details.  This interface is still somewhat preliminary,
we would welcome feedback and suggestions for how it can be improved.

* For software developers, there is a new macro, VIO_PREFIX_NAMES, which
can be defined to force the volume_io headers to avoid defining commonly
used types and symbols by prepending the string "VIO_" to all such types
and constants:

  #define VIO_PREFIX_NAMES 1
  #include <volume_io.h>

* New, corrected bimodal threshold algorithms and calculations are now
available in mincstats.

* Other minor bug fixes.  See the ChangeLog for more details.

As always, please direct any questions or problems to me!

	-bert