[MINC-development] Re: glim_image

Andrew Janke minc-development@bic.mni.mcgill.ca
Tue, 2 Mar 2004 15:40:36 +1000

On Tue, 24 Feb 2004, Jason Lerch wrote:

> >> On this note, glim_image and things not packaged, does anyone have any
> >> objections to glim_image being renamed (say to mincglm) and being
> >> stuffed into
> >> the base minc distro?  It is a nice pure vanilla C proggie that was
> >> 'peter blessed' from what I know.
>
> Urm, it's not packaged? Could have fooled me. Check the statistics
> directory under /software/source. And I see no particular reason to
> rename it, though I don't have any strong objections either.

The general consensus on this was to package glim_image as part of an
extra_tools package was it not?

If all that is missing is packaging this is a somewhat easy task.  With respect
to the renaming issue, I would only do this such that we can

  a) dissociate glim_iamge from the minc_extras package
  b) get a bit of consistency into minc tools names.

I'm still keen for mincglm or this too broad of a name?

> The last time I asked whether we should distribute it the answer from
> the powers that be (including Alex!) was no. But then again that was a
> while ago.

Hrm, and these powers were?  Alan?