[MINC-development] me, I'm stumped

Colin Holmes minc-development@bic.mni.mcgill.ca
Thu, 1 May 2003 09:26:58 -0700

Hi,

If there are problems with 64bit export under IRIX
please let me know, I'll walk down the hall and see
who can fix it...

FWIW... I had no problems with doing that at LONI,
under IRIX 6.5.11 and up, with data/extents up to 12GB.

Colin.

-----Original Message-----
From: Jean-Francois Malouin
[mailto:Jean-Francois.Malouin@bic.mni.mcgill.ca]
Sent: Thursday, May 01, 2003 8:55 AM
To: Jason Lerch
Cc: MINC-development@bic.mni.mcgill.ca; god@bic.mni.mcgill.ca
Subject: Re: [MINC-development] me, I'm stumped

* Jason Lerch (jason@bic.mni.mcgill.ca) [20030501 11:44] thus spake:
> Ok, this is even more messed up than I first expected:
>
> this works:
>
> rawtominc -byte -clobber -input /dev/null /tmp/junk.mnc 470 2400 2800
>
> this does not:
>
> rawtominc -byte -clobber -input /dev/null /data/rome/temp/jason/test.mnc
> 470 2400 2800
>
> So ... on a local filesystem everything appears to be OK (I have not yet
> waited long enough to check whether the file actually holds sensible
> values when I do this with real data - it is running now, but will take
> a while), but over NFS it fails at 2GB. I'm running the commands on
> yorick.
>
> So I've cc-ed this to the trinity (are any of you on this list) - any
> ideas why?

yes. I knew it right away but I've been busy with bullcalf and bottom.
XFS NFS filesystems are exported 32bits to all clients.
We could try 64bits exports but there have been numerous problems
before...

jf

> Jason

[snip!]

--
Their names come to his lips and he smiles as he tastes them,
thinking he knows them in the naming.