[MINC-development] minccmp

Andrew Janke minc-development@bic.mni.mcgill.ca
Mon, 30 Jun 2003 18:15:59 +1000

On Tue, 17 Jun 2003, Alex ZIJDENBOS wrote:

> voldiff mainly produces the kappa statistic, as well as confusion
> matrix, sensitivity, specificity, etc. See attached for sample
> output. Vasco describes most of these in his thesis, see
>
>    http://www.bic.mni.mcgill.ca/~alex/docs/vasco_thesis.pdf
>
> As for AZSM (I'll let you figure out the acronym assigned by Vasco :),
> that comes from my theseis work. You can find that, and my Dec 94 TMI
> paper which summarizes it, in the same place (dissertation.pdf,
> zijdenbos_tmi_dec_1994.pdf).

Ta for the two links, they appear to contain all that I need. The current
version (without kappa stuff) of minccmp is in:

  /s/s/minc_dev/minccmp

So far I have only included various grey-level comparison operators.  I am a
little unsure as to how to progress with the kappa stuff as it requires a binary
input.  My current thoughts are to simply assume if a -kappa type test is
requested then to assume that the input is indeed binary.  And thus fail is
there are more than say 100 classes (by default).

thoughts?